Friday, January 21, 2011

Tate Forcier leaves Michigan

Tate Forcier has officially left Michigan, leaving behind a roller coaster ride with the team after 2 years as a Wolverine.

I like Tate, he seems to be a good kid.

I had the pleasure of meeting him here in Jacksonville before he was sent home prior to the Gator Bowl game on New Year's Day.

That's what makes his message that :Michigan gave up on me" so upsetting.

I think Michigan did the right thing, he wasn't getting his school work done, and at Michigan, if you don't go to class and keep up your grades, then you're gone.

I wish the best for Tate, he's a very talented kid, as he showed during his Freshman season with the Wolverines, starting all 12 games, and giving us a game to remember as he led Michigan to a come from behind victory over Notre Dame with seconds left in the 4th quarter.

I think he can be a big time QB, but he needs to get himself together, do his work, both on and off the field, and he will play in the NFL one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment