Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where's Denard?

Take a look at this weeks Sports Illustrated an tell me what's wrong with the cover picture.


Looks normal, doesn't it?

The cover highlights former Michigan QB Tom Brady and the New England Patriots week one win over the Cincinnati Bengals, showing the patriots QB alongside teammate Randy Moss.

My problem, and I love Brady, is simple, where's Denard Robinson?

Michigan Sophomore QB ran and passed his way to 502 yards of total offense last Saturday, and led the Wolverines on a game winning drive with 27 seconds left, scoring the winning touchdown, and giving Michigan a 28-24 win.

If that performance isn't worthy of getting on the cover, then what criteria do the staffers at SI have, because I'd really like to know what Robinson didn't do, like punting and kicking extra points maybe.

Hey, do you think the geniuses at SI would put him on if he tied his shoelaces?


Now, I'll give Si credit, writer Corey McCartney does have Robinson #1 on his Heisman Trophy List, ahead of fellow Big Ten QB Terrelle Pryor of Ohio State.

I am a huge Tom Brady fan, he's my favorite player in the NFL, and, after all, he is a Michigan Man, but SI missed the boat this wee in not putting the most exciting, the most electrifying player in college football on their cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment