Monday, December 27, 2010

The Wolverines are here!

Yesterday the Michigan Football team arrived here in Jacksonville, Florida, to start their practices for the 66th Annual Gator Bowl Game to be played on New Years Day here on Florida's First Coast.

I've been a Michigan fan since 1976, and I wanted to try and do as much as I could this week to interact with the team.

My wife Tracy and I braved the frigid temps here in Jacksonville to go out to the host school, Jacksonville University, to greet the team as they arrived for practice.

My friend, a guy who's been @ JU for 13 years, allowed us, with the permission of Head Michigan equipment man Jon Falk, to tour the Wolverines locker room.

Wow, it was totally cool to be in the room with the players uniforms, and I went and touched the famed "Michigan Winged Helmet" of several of the players, including the Big Ten Player of the Year, Denard Robinson.


Everyone with the team were very nice to the few of us who stood out in the cold and cheered on the players and coaches as they made their way to the practice field.

Tomorrow is going to be a real good chance of getting to meet the players, who will be at a local attraction here in town.

It's already been a great Maize and Blue start to Gator Bowl week, and I hope the rest of the week gets even better, finishing off with a great big Meeeechigan win on New Years Day.

Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment