Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One month to go

Today marks my official countdown to start another Wolverine football season...one month from today   until Michigan runs out of the Michigan Stadium tunnel to take on the UCONN Huskies, September 4th.

It's amazing how fast the seasons change, how fast the years continue to go by. This will be my 36th year following the Maize & Blue.

This picture was taken by my beautiful wife while we were in Ann Arbor in March of 2009.  The stadium was closed, so I showed her the campus a little, had a great lunch @ Joe's Sub Shop, went into the new M-Den store, and then made our way over to Schembechler Hall.

After finding out that the Michigan museum was closed, the asked if we could just take a few pictures, because we were on our way back to Florida, and wouldn't be back for quite some time.

The great ladies let us in, just for a few minuets, and we looked around at all the great memorabilia...the Heisman's, the Little Brown Jug, the retired jerseys...great stuff...and then we ran into this guy...

 
One of the greatest days of my life.

From this moment on, no matter what happened, Michigan Head Football Coach Rich Rodriguez earned a special place in my heart.

Coach Rodriguez didn't know me, didn't know my wife, but he spent about 10 minuets, or so, just talking with me, giving this Michigan fan an unforgettable moment, and one that I will cherish the rest of my life.

Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment