Friday, September 10, 2010

Meeeechigan @ Notre Dame

At the start of this post, I'd like to apologize for a lack of posts. My health has kept me from being able to sit at the computer, but here we go for week #2.


Michigan @ Notre Dame...3:30 pm...NBC-TV

Michigan enters this game much improved over two years ago, when a truck load of turnovers lead to a Irish win. 

The Wolverines and Irish are both 1-0, and a 2-0 start would be huge of both programs.

The Wolverines have had trouble in South Bend lately, with the exception of a 47-21 thumping of the Irish in 2006.

Michigan Sophomore QB Denard Robinson was fantastic against UCONN last week , and I'm sure the Irish will hold him more in check this week, but look for contributions from the other Michigan offensive players, like running back Vincent Smith, and WR Martavious Odoms to keep the Irish defenders away from Robinson.

One secret weapon I think will help Michigan is QB Tate Forcier

Michigan didn't play Tate Forcier in week 1 against the Huskies,  but I believe the coaching staff will find a package for Forcier to run against the Irish, something that Notre Dame won't expect.

I'm just saying, look for Forcier in the game early.

Michigan's defense will be tested on a higher level this week. Look for the Irish to test the Michigan secondary early. 

If the Wolverines front 7 can get pressure on Irish QB Dayne Crist early, the secondary will be able to get their legs under them, and Greg Robinson's defensive scheme will put the players in proper positions to keep the Irish from making big plays down field.


The Michigan defensive line, lead by nose tackle Mike Martin, should be able to keep the Irish running game under control.

Most experts are predicting an Irish win, probably because of Michigan's secondary woes, and the fact the game is on the road, where Michigan has won only once, @ Minnesota in 2008, under Head Coach Rich Rodriguez.

I will always predict a Michigan win, after all, I'm a Michigan fan, and I always believe that the Wolverines will win...why would you not?

I know the team will be ready, they will be hungry, and yes, I know the team is depleted, and young on defense, but this team will surprise the critics tomorrow.

The Maize and Blue will prevail, 27-17.



No comments:

Post a Comment